Fast & Furious 6: The Game is a free to play car racing game from Kabam behind games like Dragons of Atlantis, and The Hobbit Kingdoms of middle-earth. Use our walkthrough guide to know how the game works and how to overrun others.
Acting in Races
- Fast & Furious 6: The game uses QTEs to perform all the controls required to finish a race. In every racing mode, it will be your car against an opponent’s car, and whether you win or lose depend on how quickly you act during a QTE.
- Regularly, there are three occasions under which you need to act quickly by pressing, sliding or releasing the displayed buttons: The vehicle launch, Shifting gears, and Drifting.
- Vehicle Launch: The vehicle will start without letting you pushing on the start button. But a perfect launch enables your car to gain speed at a faster rate.
- Shifting Gears: For a ‘Perfect Shift’ you need slide up the shift button right after the ‘Get Ready’ sign appeared on the screen. If you wait till you see the Shift Now sign, it is probably too late. You can also shift according to your own judgment instead of waiting for the cue. Just make the move when you see the car is about to reach its max speed, and it will still count as an appropriate shift.
- Drifting: There is only one cue for drifting, which will appear on the screen seconds before you actually enter the drifting area, which is marked with blue paint. Push the drifting button when you enter the area and release when
- Although there is no cue for nitrous boost, it is available in all races. The nitrous button can be found on the left side of the race view.
- Similar to CSR Racing, there are five tiers of quests in Fast & Furious 6: The Game, each of which consists of multiple race modes. Races in each mode fall into four difficulty levels. It’s better to finish all low-level races in every mode, upgrade the car and move on the more difficult ones.
- In daily events race, you will not be using your own car. Instead, you will be assigned with a random new car. So no matter how lame your car is, you should feel free to join in daily events. The winning chance is equal to everyone.
- Not only do good launch/shifting/drifting earn you bonus coin, appropriate car style will also earn you extra rewards. So decorate your car accordingly.
- The race courses are short and the controls are simple. Aside from timing control, there is little you could do to increase your winning chances. If you do everything correctly without delay but lose a game anyway, you probably need to consider upgrading your hardware or switch to a better car.
Car Collection and Upgrades
- Collect racing cars is the major selling point in the game. Cars are rated into five classes, and only by completing a tier of quests and reaching the required level can you unlock the next class of cars. In each class, there are 3 to 5 cars available for purchase. Once purchased, a car cannot be resold.
- If you are a free player, it will wiser to just purchase one car from each class, and use all the coins you win from races to upgraded it and enhance its performance. Cars that are not ungraded can only win the races with lowest difficulty level, and if you own more than one car, the coins you won are hardly enough to keep all of them upgraded.
- A car can be upgraded in eight parts to enhance its performance in five aspects, including grip, power, weight, gearbox and suspension. You should place top priority on those upgrades that will enhance power stats.