Is a free to play real-time strategy game set in the apocalyptic world. In the game, players could build up their empire, create various kinds of units to battle against either real players or computer-generated base. The game is very similar to Clash of Clans except that you can control your units during combat. It will also remind you of Red Alert. Below is a complete set of walkthrough tips, Cheats and strategy guide that we believe is very helpful for newbies and hardcore gamers to develop their city.
- You should sign in to the game with a Mobage account (you can create one for free in-game if you don’t already have one). You can sign into Mobage with an email address or through Facebook. Connecting Apoc Wars to your Mobage account will put your game save on their server so that you will be able to access your base on multiple devices and your progress will be still be saved if something were to happen to your local data or your device.
- You will come out of the tutorial with 100 Blood Money. You can save it to expedite some building upgrades or unit trainings, but I highly recommend spending it on two random mythic items (50 Blood Money each). Mythic items are the best in the game and will give you some significant stat boosts when they are equipped. Best of all, you’ll get to keep those items forever.
- Alternately, 20 Blood Money will give you 22 gems you can equip to change the smoke and roof color of your buildings. Each gem has different colors that it applies to your buildings. Changing the smoke color will also change the color of the smog of war over your base when other players attack your base. The gems are uncommon items that you can find randomly by defeating enemy Command Centers. You can equip more than one gem at a time to mix their colors.
BASE-BUILDING and DEFENSE
- You can move any building by tapping and holding on it. The move will happen instantly at no cost. This works for any building, including brand new buildings that have not been placed yet.
- Make sure you enable push notifications for Apoc Wars so that you can be notified when your buildings have finished being constructed or upgraded. This will let you stay up to date with your base and take advantage of new buildings as soon as they are completed.
- Your Scrap Factories and Oil Derricks will keep your scraps and oil recharging constantly, but your base’s power is a finite number output by your Command Center. Upgrading your Command Center will give you more power to work with. If you run out of power, the only ways to get more are upgrading your Command Center and selling any other buildings. Selling turrets will get you a bunch of power back, but will obviously leave your base less able to defend itself as well.
- Build at least two of each resource producer. A producer does not produce anything while it is being upgraded, so upgrade them one at a time.
- Producers cost no power to upgrade (some upgrades even make them more efficient and give you power to upgrade them). It is always a good idea to update them when possible.
- One walled-in turret is typically better than two turrets without protection. What about two walled-in turrets? Or turrets behind two layers of walls? As long as your Command Center survives, your base has been successfully defended. Focus all of your walls and firepower on making sure your enemy cannot make it to your Command Center alive.
- Build a variety of turrets. Flame Turrets are great at handling infantry while Rocket Turrets are great at handling vehicles. Gun Turrets are good all around. Try to build your turrets close enough to each other that it is difficult for your enemy to take them out one at a time.
- There is a limit to how many times you can be attacked in a day. Attacking an enemy base will reset that count though, so if you are trying to recover from an attack just stay in your base!
- Spy units are cheap and fast to build. Make sure you have many of them prepared and do not hesitate to sacrifice many spies if it helps you clear more smog of war. If you clear out more smog, it will be easier to keep your combat units alive — and they are more valuable than spy units.
- Consider the types of turrets you revealed with your spies when selecting which units to deploy. Vehicles resist bullets and fire, but weak against rocket turrets. Infantry will be absolutely demolished by flame turrets but can sneak by rocket turrets.
- Before deploying, you can tap on the map to choose where you will deploy your spy or combat units. A red ring will flash to let you know if you are trying to deploy too close to the enemy’s base.
- Your units will not move or attack unless they are told to and even then they will move towards their target as directly as possibly (usually a straight line). You can have much more control over your units by giving them nearby targets many times instead of just one far away target. This way you can steer them around obstacles and turrets.
- Avoid being attacked by more than one turret simultaneously. Move backwards if you have to. Try to make your way through the enemy’s base by taking on turrets one by one. Target the walls between a turret and your units before targeting the turret.
- If you target a building (or turret) that is behind a wall, your units will fire at the building but will hit the wall between them and their target instead. If you target walls instead of buildings, your units will concentrate their fire and break through the individual wall pieces faster. Most vehicles have a big enough attack range that they can destroy walls that are next to turrets without drawing the turret’s fire.
- When you destroy the enemy’s Command Center, all of the smog of war will dissipate. Because of this, make destroying the Command Center a priority because it will make destroying the rest of the base easier. Once it is destroyed, you can then claim victory at any time. Instead of claiming your victory right away, take the opportunity to destroy every one of your opponent’s remaining buildings and turrets. Each one will earn you a reward of experience, scraps, and oil. You can claim victory when you have destroyed all the buildings and turrets or when your army has grown too thin to destroy any more.
- Stronger opponents will give you more experience from winning a battle, have more buildings to destroy for loot, and have higher level Command Centers. Higher level Command Centers hold rarer items. Defeating very strong bases can earn you Blood Money.
- After another player has defeated you, you will need to repair all of the buildings they destroyed with scraps. Sometimes, the repair button for certain buildings (especially turrets) becomes unresponsive. If this happens, you can repair the building by pressing and holding on it as if you were going to move it.
- You don’t have to seek revenge as soon as you’ve been defeated by another player. Any player who attacks you will be added to your Hit List, which you can access at any time from your Attack menu. This lets you beef up your forces before you get your sweet revenge.
- You can find specific players (instead of random players) to fight or add to your alliance by clicking on the Facebook icon when you are searching for random enemies or allies. Of course, the player you are looking for
- From the Alliance > Invite menu, you can find random players to invite to your alliance. Players who are already in an alliance will have their alliance written in white beneath their name. If you are not in an alliance and you click on a player who is in one, you will see the members of that alliance. You can then join the alliance from that screen, or go back to look for more players. This is a great way to make sure you get into a big alliance.
- When you join an alliance, you can choose an Aggressive or Defensive specialty from the Alliance > Specialty menu. Your specialty will give a small offensive or defensive boost to yourself and all the other players of your alliance. Because of this, being in a bigger alliance will give you bigger stat boosts.
This is a major cheat that works in most iOS games that involve timers. Do not read on if you are the type of player who thinks cheating ruins the fun of playing games.
1) To skip forward in time, enter the Settings app and then select General > Date & Time and toggle Set Automatically to OFF.
2) You can now enter the Set Date & Time menu to advance your clock forward. You need to press the back arrow to go back to after you have manually changed the time.
3) You can now enter Apoc Wars and your buildings, upgrades, and trainings will all advance as if it was actually the time you set your device to manually.
You can use this time travel cheat to complete many-hour upgrades in a manner of minutes.
To reset the time on your device, simply go back to the Date & Time and toggle Set Automatically to ON. You can then go back to Apoc Wars without losing any progress. You can also time travel again any time you would like.
Warning: Changing your time significantly (around 12 or more hours) will cause iMessage to stop working. To fix this, simply toggle Set Automatically to ON and enter the Messages app. If that doesn’t work, you will need to go into the Settings app, select Messages, and then toggle iMessage to ON.